Air / water heat pumps / Information / Air / Water Heat pump
Air-water heat pumps are the sustainable replacements for current
Heat pumps are known for their extremely high efficiency and
environmentally-friendly characteristics. The system is at least
four times more economical than a conventional gas boiler and emits
considerably less CO2.
The air-water heat pump effortlessly supplies hot water for central
heating and sanitary purposes the whole year round – and provides
cooling in the summer. Air-water heat pumps extract more than 75%
of the energy consumed from the outdoor air (to -20 °C). As a
result of the split setup of the heat pump,
the outdoor unit can easily be installed in the garden, on the
patio or on a flat roof. There is often enough room for the indoor
unit (the hydrokit) in a storeroom, the garage or the existing
boiler room. The coolant pipes between the two appliances will
bridge a distance of as far as 50 metres.
The efficiency of a heat pump is expressed as its Coefficient of
Performance (the ratio of the useful heat to the energy input,
COP). Because DUWACO’s air-water heat pumps heat water on the basis
of a low temperature, a high COP value is achieved (the lower the
water temperature, the higher the COP value). In practice, water of
an average temperature of 35 to 40 °C is delivered.
Heat pumps achieve the highest COP values if they are used in
combination with wall and floor heating.
DUWACO supplies two models of air-water heat pumps, the
specifications of which are given below.
The advantages of air-water heat pumps are as follows:
- up to 50% more economical with regard to energy costs than natural
gas systems (in combination with solar panels, the savings may even
be as high as 85%!);
- 50% cheaper than a system that uses ground drilling;
- yield extra savings as a gas connection is no longer needed;
- top efficiency, 4 times more than the best condensing boilers;
- no fire or CO hazard;
- multifunctional, since the system can be connected to wall and
underfloor heating and high efficiency radiators;
- contribute to a large reduction in CO2emission and other harmful substances;
- double function: heating in the winter, cooling in the summer;
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty;
- the 2-year manufacturer’s warranty can be extended by a maintenance
contract of 5, 8, 12 or 15 years